Saturday, September 25, 2010

Another Shot

At the airport right now, waiting for our flight to Naga, venue of my third shot at a sub-5 marathon. I did a 5:42 back in February (Condura) and then a 5:19 last July (Milo). I thought I had a legit shot at a sub-5 at Milo, but my chances were dashed by the amazing shortage of water or any form of hydration during the last eight kilometers. Frustrating indeed, but hey, that's part of the challenge. If anything, Milo inspired me to work harder towards improving my time.

And work harder I did. My tight schedule notwithstanding, I've done the best I can to build up my base mileage and squeeze in long runs. There are still so many other things that I could have done, but under the circumstances, I think I did a decent job of giving myself another legitimate shot at further bringing my time down. If I nail the sub-5 on Sunday, I can set my sights at a 4:50 or even a 4:45 in Singapore in December.

Godspeed and best of luck to all CamSur participants on Sunday. May our feet be swift and our lungs strong, and may we all reach the finish line safely.

-----------------------
Sent via BlackBerry

2 comments:

  1. Good luck chief. All the best for your run tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes with Camsur Julius. I am sure that you will smash it as this is your 3rd. Do you have a pacing strategy? Godspeed.

    ReplyDelete