Sunday, July 18, 2010

Heading Home

I can't believe how quickly the last eight days have passed.

It's almost midnight and it's my last night in the UK. I spent over a week here and I never got to log even a single run. Not one. My work load all week was brutally unforgiving, and I never found the time to head out on the road even for just a 3k or a 5k "sight-seeing run." Today would have been perfect for one, but I spent the day doing the tourist-y stuff around London. Today was my only free day, and I definitely wanted to make the most of it. A run along the banks of the River Thames - apparently a very popular running route for the Brits - would have been magnificent, but I simply did not have the time. That's another item for an ever-growing bucket list

This early, I already have my sights set on coming back next year with wifey for a vacation. A number of my colleagues here are veteran marathoners themselves, and they invited me to join them for the London Marathon 2011. It sounded like a plan to me, but guess what --- the lottery is already closed. Oh well. The story of my life.

For now, it looks like it's going to be you and me once again, Manila...

No comments:

Post a Comment