Friday, March 26, 2010

My Fifteen Seconds

Andy Warhol once said that, in the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes. Well, I think I finally got my 15 minutes last night. Ok, I never quite got to 15 minutes, but I think I did crack 15 seconds. My 15 seconds of fame.

I was in ULTRA last night for an evening run. While I was doing my cool-down routine, two female runners walked up to me and asked politely: "Sir, 'di ba kayo po yung sa blog na Life is a Highway?"

I was blown away. It was the first time that I had ever been approached by complete strangers who actually had an idea who I was. I didn't know what to say, and the only words that came out of my mouth were "Ah, oo, ako 'yon. Paano niyo naman ako nakilala?" They said they recognized me from the pictures posted in this blog. They also said they like reading running blogs, and that Life is a Highway is one of the blogs they regularly read. I was so flattered (and embarrassed!) that all I came up with was a smile and a very meek "Thank you." The two girls thanked me also, apologized for interrupting my routine, shook my hand, and resumed their run. It was a very humbling (and strange!) experience for me.

To the two runners, I'm sorry I never got your names, but you know who you are. If you happen to read this, thank you. I meant for this blog to simply be a personal journal, and I am flattered that you actually take time to read my ramblings and mundane posts every so often. You didn't have to walk up to me, but you did, and I appreciate the effort. Thank you.

Keep on running, you two!

3 comments:

  1. Nice one, Attorney (I know you will kill me for using that title. Haha) Everyone deserves their 15 seconds. But those seconds are really sweeter if they are freely given, and never expected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jules, pa autograph :P Good job my friend, dont forget us commoners once you're on top. Hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's really flattering when someone approaches you like that... :)

    ReplyDelete