Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Who Needs The Weekend?

Ten simple pleasures that have made this week much better than I originally expected:

1. Runnr sold chocolate-flavored GU Energy Gel.


When I visited Runnr the other day, they only had 10 GU chocolate energy gels left. I went into panic-buying mode and got every single one. I'll need them for the Condura marathon and the Century Tuna half-marathon.

Shameless.

2. Wifey honored her word and actually went running/jogging with me last Tuesday.

She actually did four jog-walk loops around BHS last Tuesday. That's approximately 5.2kms right there, folks! Now that I've gotten her acquainted with the road, my next goal is to have her join a 3 or 5k run soon. I'll join her for that one, too. Not only because I'd have to be around for her maiden race, but also because I've never joined a 3 or 5k race before.

Welcome to the road, ma'am!

3. The singlet for the Century Tuna Superbods Run looks great, and the material is of good quality.

As is usually the case for runs organized by RunRio, the singlet for the Century Tuna Superbods Run is actually one that's worth wearing. I must admit though that I like the singlet for the 5k run (predominantly black) better than the singlet for the half-mary.

A keeper.

4. Takbo.ph and Reinier Pacific will be setting up an aid station for the Condura Skyway Marathon and Half-Marathon.

As a fitting follow-up to their joint efforts during last year's Botak 100k Ultramarathon and the 33rd Milo Marathon Finals, the Good Samritans of Takbo.ph, in cooperation with Reinier Pacific Shipping, will again be setting up an aid station for the 21k and 42k runners at this year's Condura Run. Thank you so much in advance, guys!

Thank you, ma'am / sir!

5. Wifey and my niece Jym both agreed to man my support vehicle for the Condura Marathon.

Admit it, you guys enjoyed backing me up at SIM 21k. Thank you, thank you, thank you! The next step is to find out whether the organizers would allow support vehicles in the first place, and, if so, what the guidelines/rules will be.

I'm betting Condura won't let me use this.

6. The Shell Select store in C5-Julia Vargas and the 7-Eleven store in McKinley Hill still sell the red Gatorade Tiger sports drink.

It's too bad Gatorade has severed its relationship with Tiger Woods, and, consequently, discontinued the Tiger brand. The red Gatorade Tiger works perfectly for me, and I was pleasantly surprised that some stores in my usual training routes still sell the drink. Time to horde for February!

Elin Nordegren is hot.

7. I had two more pain-free training runs, a 15k and a 13k.

That makes a total of seven runs since I came back from my injury. My recovery and preparation for Condura continues, and my confidence is growing by the day. Can't wait for February 7 to finally roll around!

A report on my runs at Garmin Connect.

8. I discovered three new songs to add to the new running playlist that I'm preparing.

"Not Enough Time" by INXS, "Fly Away" by Lenny Kravitz, and "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey are all GREAT running songs. Time to download the torrents!

Very masculine. Not.

9. I'm only approximately 330 kms away from joining Bald Runner's 1,000 KM Club.

As of 13 January, I'm sitting on 670.79 kms. It's just a matter of time before I get my hands on one of those bad-ass Bald Runner 1,000 Km Club shirts!

Sir Jovie, malamang XL po ako :)

10. The readings from my Nike+iPod are not that far off from the readings from my F305.

I've done seven runs so far with my F305, and I was relieved that its readings do not vary greatly from the readings from my Nike+iPod. Here's a summary of the first six runs:

Skyway, you're going down.

* * *

And the weekend isn't even here yet! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment