Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Roll out the victory, we ask for nothing more!

Time for a short break from running.

In my life, there are only a few things that I consider "pure" - untainted, uncorrupted, and borne solely out of unbridled passion. First on the list is family. This, I believe, requires no further explanation.

Then, there's running. This, too, is an obvious passion.

Another one is the law. I love the law. It's my profession, my vocation, my calling. One of my favorite movie scenes of all time was one of the courtroom scenes in "Philadelphia" starring Tom Hanks and Denzel Washington. Washington, during his re-direct examination of his AIDS-stricken client Hanks (who was also a lawyer), asked the latter this question: "What do you love about the law?" Hanks' answer was immortal: "What I love about the law is that, once in a while - not very often, but once in a while - you get to become a part of justice being done." I am not a litigation lawyer, but that line right there, I believe, captures the very essence that fuels the fire of every dedicated practitioner of the law.

The fourth? My undying passion for my alma mater and for Ateneo basketball. In a few days, my Blue Eagles will be playing the last remaining games of what has been a glorious season. As they prepare to put what hopefully would be the finishing touches on this season of grace, I give them this message:

Go Ateneo! One Big Fight!

Photos from www.fabilioh.com

3 comments:

  1. Don't you think they should retire #17 already? But wait, Olsen should be in the equation too...just a thought bubble when I saw Sumalinog. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo nga 'no! Olsen, and then Chris, and then... Oping! Hahaha! See you this weekend, brad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo Ateneo! Haha. DLSU sucks we didnt even make it to the final four. Check this out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV6pR2xghnU

    ReplyDelete