Friday, September 4, 2009

The Botak Paa-Tibayan 10-Miler Results

At long last, the results of the Botak Paa-Tibayan 10-Miler held on 23 August 2009 at the UP Diliman campus are finally out. I did 10 miles (16k) in 1:44:36 - good for 129th place among a total of 174 identified male runners. Not bad for me, considering that, just the week before, I needed 1:53 to run 15k at the Urbanite Run. According to the results, my average pace per mile was 10:28, and I was 50:02 behind the top finisher (who did it in 54:34).

I ran the 10-miler with a friend, Mic Manalo. If I'm not mistaken, Mic clocked in at around 1:37. Unfortunately, his name does not appear in the list of finishers. He's probably one of the finishers in the "Unknown Runners" list. Too bad, Mic.

This race is my longest to date. The result, coupled with how I felt during and after the race, makes me confident that I can do a half-marathon in my target time of 2:30 or less. I'm definitely looking forward to setting a PR for 16k at the Octoberun Festival. After that, I'd have to taper my mileage in preparation for a bigger challenge - my first ever half-marathon at the Adidas KOTR!

No comments:

Post a Comment