Monday, March 7, 2011

It is DONE.


I finished the 3rd Bataan Death March 102k Ultramarathon Race in 17:49:42, just a little over 10 minutes under the mandated cut-off time of 18 hours. My effort made me the 108th runner to cross the finish line in San Fernando yesterday. After me, only four other runners made it within the alloted time. 

I am still at a loss for words right now, as it should be when one experiences something that one knows will never happen again. I hope to share my story in the next few days.

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations Chief! We are so proud of you. Rest well. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. A HUGE congrats. Cannot even imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Julius! You guys are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Julius! AMDG indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I was there on the finish line and saw you guys crossed. I am still inspired of how people do it.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ All - Thank you so much. No way I could have pulled off the squeaker without the selfless support of several people. I hope to pay tribute to all of them when I write down my race account.

    @ Rodel - An even bigger congratulations for finishing BDM 160!

    ReplyDelete