Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Liar, Liar...


This post is long overdue. 

Work and other activities have kept me preoccupied that I've hardly had any time to blog.  Thankfully, I somehow still find time to run. And since I don't have much time, I'll keep this entry short.

I mentioned in one of my previous post that I was going to take it easy at Rexona and shoot for a 2:20 finish. Well, I lied. I knew all along that once the gun goes off, my competitive (ambitious?) side would take over and I'd end up going for a personal best anyway.  My best time for the half-marathon distance currently sits at 2:09, which I set during the Unilab Run last March.  And I thought I had a fighting chance at a new PR, too, what with Rexona's fast and flat MOA-Macapagal route. 

To cut a long story short, I ran and ran and ran (actually, ran and walked - Galloway style) until reality bit me in the ass in the last few kilometers.  My lack of training and poor conditioning reared their ugly heads and gave me no choice but to slow down.  No PR for me, but I still managed to cough up a respectable 2:14:08 (chip time) - good enough for 423rd place out of 1,252 21k runners.  I was also grateful that I completed my run without any injuries.  If anything, the Rexona Run served as a good jump-off point for my training for my next full marathon, CamSur on 26 September.


No more races for me until the big day on September 26.  The next few Sundays are already ear-marked for LSDs, rain or shine.  See you in CamSur! 

1 comment:

  1. That time is still very respectful considering. Way to go man. Hope all is going well your way. 3 days now with out any problems here so far, so good. Best wishes on 26 sep.

    ReplyDelete