It's good to be back in Manila. I've quickly settled in and I've hardly had to deal with any jet lag. After all, I was away for only a couple of days short of three weeks.
Before I left for the US, my "brad" and Sports Marketing head for adidas Philippines, JM Pilares, gave me a little "going-away gift" - a brand-new pair of the adidas Supernova Sequence 2. The Supernova Sequence is classified as stability running shoes, ideal for overpronators like me. Adidas.com explains that "the Supernova Sequence 2 has adaptive ForMotion for soft, smooth touchdowns, a new heel, lightweight forefoot and GeoFit for step-in comfort." It weighs 354 g, and has the following features:
- FORMOTION™ adapts to the ground to ensure the smoothest, most comfortable run possible
- Synthetic upper for durability; MicroSuede for smooth forefoot fit and support for the natural flex zones of the foot; LightStrike 55 lasting for added comfort and stability
- Dual-layer adiLite/respoEVA sockliner for great step-in and motion comfort; adiPRENE®+ in the forefoot maintains propulsion and efficiency; TORSION® SYSTEM for midfoot integrity
- GEOFIT™ construction for anatomical fit and comfort; pro-moderator medial support device prevents overpronation
- adiWEAR® outsole offers the ultimate in high-wear durability; Blown rubber outsole for lightweight grip and cushion
- miCoach compatible
These fancy features look fine on paper. And the shoes, as you can see below, look awesome. Will they fare as well on the road?
It's time to get down to business and take these babies out for a test drive. It has been a while since I've gone running in full-weight stability running shoes.
Shoe review coming soon.